Monday, May 11, 2015

A Few Ideas For the Next BBQ You Have

  Well if you haven't figured it out by now, I lack any ability to do anything like I'm supposed to do it. Which is my favorite part of being an artist, I encourage all of you to do the same to my recipes, what good is something if it can't be made better. So for this week I bring you a few Boggy Swag BBQ originals.
 

  The first on our list, smoked brisket sliders. These bad little beasts are a great way to feed the masses. I like to use a home made Carolina style BBQ sauce. For me personally, there is no reason not to take the time to make BBQ sauce homemade. When smoking any meat you never want to be in a hurry, which gives more than enough time to create the sauce to fit you. Using fresh Italian bread, shredded cheddar cheese, and crisp leaf lettuce this snackish style app is sure to please.

  
 
 
    This second item is kind of out there, chili stuffed hotdog. After cooking chili way, way, way down, I ground up a chuck steak (raw) and added a bit of it to the chili. Stuff the casings, tie off and throw them on the smoker. On a potato hot dog bun, add your favorite toppings and indulge in the goodness. I myself used leaf lettuce, red onions, mustard, and mayo. Don't knock it till you try it, this is a bad mama jama.
 
 
 
    What kind of BBQ menu doesn't have baked beans? This is a surefire way to kick up those store bought baked beans. Cut about 3/4 of a pound of a Boston butt, rub with seasoned salt, and throw it in the smoker for a couple of hours. Pull the pork out dice it up real good, mix the pork along with some homemade Carolina style BBQ, and cook until hot. Yum, yum! Your guest will thank for it, and so will your palate.
 
 
 
 
 
   Although this isn't a long list I did save the best for last, a beef and lamb burger. Made with beef tenderloin, and lamb tenderloin ground together. With this selection of meat its important to note that it doesn't require a lot of seasoning to compliment these cuts, they are so savory on their own. Put on the fire side of the smoker, the patties take on that beautiful white oak smoke. As they reach a perfect medium, dare to add sliced muenster cheese. As the cheese melts, cut Italian bread into slices baste one side with melted butter, and sprinkle with garlic salt. Place in the oven until golden brown, address your condiments as you must. As you take in the praise from this juicy dinner item, don't forget to enlighten your guest of the dessert. An apple pie moonshine milkshake.
 
   You don't get a picture of this one, but I promise that it will kick the Q back up. Place a couple of scoops of ice cream into a blender and add milk and apple pie moonshine slowly. I would love to tell you how much of each, but I will have to know how much alcohol is good for you. Some like a lot, some don't. With more liquor use less milk. Pour into a frosted glass, and top with a little square of an apple pie. step back and enjoy.
 
 
     If you want more detailed recipe instructions for anything in this blog feel free to contact me at bob.emcclintock@gmail.com. it would be my pleasure to help.



No comments:

Post a Comment